Sharp Taillights eyes wanted - Interesting Story

Sharp Taillights eyes wanted - Interesting Story

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaccM4b7yoMza/ Children's Int'l

 I'll start with the interesting Mopar story. I have been hitting a lot of
junkyards lately, looking for rear quarter trim for my '64 Fury. Today I stopped
in a small old yard. Asked if they had a '64 Fury. They said no, but would I
need a taillight. I asked about it and they told me that about 20 years ago
the local Mopar dealer had gotten tired of paying tax on his inventory of
taillights that weren't selling. So the yard took them and filled a school bus. The
bad news was that they couldn't sell them and had poured them out on the
ground and hauled the school bus away. They told me most had been plowed under. I
was invited to go look. All of the ones I could find are in the picture linked
below, along with a two headlight rings. They look beat from exposure but are
in fact NOS. Can anyone name them. I recognize one as '55 Plymouth. The
matching pair are date coded '67 but I don't know what they are (Fury?). The one
with the crenelated chrome ring really throws me. Any guesses?

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8737629

Tom Faust