Re: Tell me what I'm looking for!

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMSb7yoMza/ ExpertCity

> I've got a really crappy 2.76:1 ratio in my 741 casing (has Sure
> Grip though) rear end.  I want to keep the SureGrip but change the
> gear ratio > I just want to change the ratio, but keep the SureGrip.
> Thanks!
> Andy
> 64 Dodge Polara 500

 Andy,  I know you really don't want my opinion, but think about this.
What are you basing your opinion on, with the rear gears you have now?
Have you been disappointed with the performance of the car?  Does it even
run yet? With a hundred miles of roads there, how fast do you need to go?
 Original gear ratios were pretty close, to optimum performance and
mileage wise. Because this is one of the easiest things to change or
upgrade, at any time in the future, break what you have first, then worry
about some other gear ratio.
 The truck does have a short transmission tail shaft, and for that
application, it's great! I bet there are people lusting for a
transmission like that, it's just not suitable for your needs. Later
model Torqueflights do have some advantages, but you already own a strong
transmission, with very minor handicaps. [ie. year specific, "different"
splined pump input, two cable-shift and park, ball and trunion as opposed
to slip joint]  After forty years of age, you still got life left in
those parts. Try using them.
 I must sound like a real "*sshole", but I have been there/done that, and
wasted my money on the most stupid trinkets, that didn't make my car any
better to drive, or put gas in the tank.  I have some nephews that think
a thousand dollar stereo, in a three hundred dollar car, makes it worth
thirteen hundred dollars. Bald tires, dead battery, oil smoke and all!
I don't think so!   Tom in Dallas

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
caaceBcb7yoMzf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

----

b7yoMz.