Re: Underside originality

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
caaccMPb7yoMza/ UOP

> The cars could be ordered with undercoat.  They did not come stock
> that way.  It was ordered buy the costmer.
> MOPAR413 (Gary) 64 Polora 500

 Well, from what I remember seeing, was that the chassis were on a
conveyor belt and ended up being dipped in primer paint. The wheel wells
weren't always completely coated at times, because of the air bubble
created like a diving bell. The roofs were not completely submerged
either. Look under the headliner and see if it's primed.  As the body got
put together, and headed for the paint booth, they were still on the
conveyor belt. The paint was sprayed and when the rockers were painted,
the overspray was the only body color under the car. This was a
production line. Auto manufacturers looked for every way to save a buck,
and still put out a good product.  The paint wasn't sprayed up from the
bottom between the conveyor components.  Remember, this was before
Chrysler ever offered a "rust through" warranty. The cars weren't built
to last forever, and many aftermarket suppliers fed on this. Ziebart was
one of the folks I remember to offer "rust proofing" and many gas
stations had a heavy grease they could spray on the underside. The
dealers also had the undercoating "in house" or offered that option if
you were ordering a car from the factory. I would imagine that upper end
cars like the Chryslers, used undercoating as a sound deadener and would
have had every one of their cars sprayed. Times have changed since then,
and better ways have been found.

Domains as low as $4.95!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caaccM5b7yoMzf/ GoDaddy