From: Don Dulmage [mailto:big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 7:46 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: cruisin

Me and Jake were cruisin into town in my 63 Dodge. The Max Wedge with
its soft rumble was music to our ears as it rolled along at 2700 RPM. We
were going to the trans shop to pick up a gasket set for Jakes tranny
(67 TF 727) which is going behind my old 440 and going into a 1950
Hudson. We picked up our parts and payed for them, then pulled back out
on the main street. All the guys working there are Hot Rodders (even if
they are Ford guys) and Jakes says to me. "You had better give it a
bite, They are all out front watching." I glanced over and saw the whole
crew, all 7 of them, standing out front, rags in thier hand, waiting in
anticipation. I scanned the horizon for cops, none seen. I pulled out on
the main street , a big nicely paved four laner, and gave the Max Wedge
a big squeeze. The tires were a bit cold and screamed out in protest,. I
heard old Jake grunt as the big white Dodge lept forward. Down the
street a couple of blocks away a cop car turned on his siren and whipped
out on the road heading for our direction at top speed. I had already
let off and we putted down the street at 25 MPH, a couple of old grey
haired farts just out for a morning cruise. The cop car flashed by
looking around for the culprits as he drove. We looked straight ahead as
we doddled along. Jake grinned and said, "He missed us, we're ok!
I breathed a sigh of relief as we continued our tour to the bank , the
A&W and back home again. "It must be spring" I thought as we turned out
of town over the bridge to the main highway. A quick squeeze of the
throttle and we were up to speed . Ain't life grand!
Don

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMVb7yoMzf/ ExpertCity

----

b7yoMz.