RE: So tell me why this wont work.

Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caaccM4b7yoMza/ Children's Int'l

Neal,

I don't want to go on an rant but:

Ok, I'll tell you why this won't work. I think this thread is about a 4
link vs leaf springs.
Don's reply about Mopars having the best suspension is for real. If you
use the 002/003 SS
springs, your good for any car running the high 9 sec range. It works,
it is easy and it
is truly bullet proof. I am building a 10 sec A body, and I would never
put anything other
than a SS spring set up moved inboard.

Now lets talk about 4 links. The good news is that they are infinitely
adjustable. The bad
news is that they are infinitely adjustable. You don't have to back half
a car to run a 4 link.
You can build your own very easy. 4 Links on the street suck. Even in a
race car you have
to square a 4 link about every 5 races if you want your car to be
consistent. In fact if you
want to keep track of your 4 link, and keep it set up right, you need a
software program
to do it. A lot of people have them, they don't know how to set them up
and or tune them,
their car runs crappie, but they will tell you how great it is, and the
guys with the SS springs
and a snuber are out 60 footing them, and never have to mess with their
set up.
What is wrong with this picture?

Of course someone selling a 4 link will tell you it works on the street.
But is it a good application?
Will it be trouble free? I think not. There are a lot of Pro Street cars
running around with
all this crap on them, 4 links, wheelie bars, on the street, and guys
think they look cool.
Will they come to the track? Nope - We would make them look like fools -
Will they race
you on the street - Nope - Because they will get dusted - Do they look
kool? In their own
eyes, and the eyes of every pencil neck geek that doesn't know do da
about cars. The
guys that go fast laugh at them.

Mother Mopar has a great set up stock. It is simple, it works, and you
don't have to
mess with it. Why re-invent the wheel that kicks butt on the other guys.
If it aint broke
don't fix it.

Earl

Bigger rubber is the real reason. I have heard too many mixed reviews
about 4 links on street cars, all the back half kit manufacturers say
"OUr setup will work great on a street car", I have trouble believing
that, even tho i dont know much about it. But I have an opinion on
everything, even stuff I know nothing about.
   Yes big rubber is the reason I am considering this ( once again)
   narrowed frame with leafs, if it doesnt work I have a nice doorstop
or
   paper weight.
   Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon