  From: Don Dulmage<mailto:big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 5:52 AM
  Subject: carb selection

  $6.95 .com Domain Name Sale!
  Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
  caab7pQb6eGsBa/<caab7pQb6eGsBa/> GoDaddy

  A 360 requires approx 720 cfm (Don's Law) closest would be a 750.
  Double pumpers belong only on race only cars or engines well over 400 cubes. Otherwise performance suffers.
  A 750 vacuum sec holley would be a excellant choice and a Edlebrock etc would also be good.
  A 600(650) despite it being a really good carb is really far to small. No hot Chevy racer would run a 600 on his 350 and we shouldn't run them on our 340/360s either. Otherwise we are "giving away the farm"
  For a 318 though they would be about perfect (Actually a 625 or 650 cfm would be )
  Over the 35 odd years i have been at this i have noticed that most speed shop owners always tell the Mopar guys to run a 600 or 650 on thier 340s (and now 360s) I have on occasion gone with the fellow back to the shop and asked to look at the owners 350 camaro or nova etc, Never not once has there every been a 600/650 on the 350 engine sitting there, always a 750 , usually a 3310 Holley which probably is the worlds best carb anyway.
  I don't know if it is actually concious thought or not that makes them think a 340 can't use the same level of carburation as a 350 chev but I am very suspicious. These same local bohunks BTW despite thier always saying that the 350 Chevy is the most powerful engine available in its class actually have a rule at the local Stock car track that says NO 340 DODGE MOTORS ALLOWED.
  Now I wonder why that would be. In the 6 cly section they used to have "no inclined 6 cly" because a couple of old dudes here in the 1970s built a 62 valiant station wagon with a real hot 170 cube /6 and whipped the pants off them all for a couple of years.
  I say this though not wanting offend anyone as I know what it feels like on the other side of the fence. (That means i don't want to offend anyone here. )I, however, activiely work to offend Chevy guys. It is my lifes calling!
  Don

  Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
  provides your organization with instant remote access to
  email,files, applications and network resources in real
  time. FREE TRIAL:
  caab6aub6eGsBf/<caab6aub6eGsBf/> ExpertCity

  ----

  http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html<http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html>.

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future ? degrees, financial aid and more!
caab8Lbb7yoMzf/ College Info

----

b7yoMz.