Re: 400 or 440

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
caab7pJb7yoMza/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Mine was cast in July 1971, but i wonder if it was stuck in an early 72
car because the guy called  it  a 72 block, I was elated when I found out
that the date was July 1971. He also seemed to know enough about Mopar ,
that he would know about the dates on blocks.
   As to the cold weather thing, my book, by Chuck Senatore is unclear,
   he makes it sound like all blocks between april and october 1971 were
   cold weather blocks in addition to being thick wall blocks which seems
   hard to believe . He mentioned that the cold weather blocks had larger
   than normal numbers cast on them. I dont know, I'll probably never
   know.
    I understand there was a 440 cold weather block too, but he  (
    Senatore) said in all his time he had only seen one.
   As a final note he also refers to them as industrial blocks as well as
   cold weather blocks.
    I'm sure it doesnt matter cold weather or not, I'm sure the 71 block
    is plenty stout, as is the 72, which  I have also found , a complete
    running one.
    Neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:08:52 EDT, Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx said:
> Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
> Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
> creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
> caab7pJb7k6SJa/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises
>

> The info I have on the thick web "230" 400 blocks is that they were cast
> between 040471 and 101071.  Got that out of a Mopar engine build book.
> Don't know
> how accurate it is.  Mine was cast in August, 1971 and has heavy main
> webbing.  Joe
>
> --

> Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
> computer service/repair company. When you complete our
> survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
> ten $100 prizes. Just click
> caab6Pib7k6SJf/ Val Rad
> ----
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6Pib7yoMzf/ Val Rad
----

b7yoMz.