Fender tag decode assistance?

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
caab6aib7yoMza/ College Info

Greeting to one and all...

I've been stumbling my way through MOPARS for a few years now...and found
recently a VERY interesting 62 Fury.

Couldn't seem to find much info on these...so I hope I am not bugging you
here on the
list by asking for a few pointers.

I'm considering the purchase of a very straight and clean 62 Fury huffing
through a 426 Max
Wedge...

But...there are a lot of question marks surrounding this car...VIN #
3325117XXX

First and foremost...the guy who owns this car "thinks" there was some kind
of dealer install of the 426 Max Wedge motors.  That is how he explains the
63 motor in the 62 body/chassis.  I don't normally consider ANYTHING these
guys say...but there are some weird things about the car that may indicate
it was some sort of special production car.

This 62 has a substantially correct 63 MW block and heads. (The engine block
code is 2406730-1 RL. The  intake is factory and dated 4-19-63. The Carb's
are AFB's.The engine heads do have the correct 4 studs and nuts holding the
valve covers on)...

The real poser is FENDER TAG!  (I can forward a photo)

The poser is that...there are NO digits under the first line (top of the
tag) info OTHER THAN
the number "1" directly under the #7 position.

The numbers on the tag are: First bottom line, DSO Number 1120 7053 BDY 332
TRM 253 PNT WW I.

Next line up J (4) S (1) V (2).

He also "says" that the thing was "acid dipped" but of course I've only seen
photos...not inspected in person.

Passenger door panel has NO window crank...but there aren't many other
"super stock" clues.  There is a back seat...but evidence that it
once had a roll cage in it. (certain evidence)...

Any and all knowledge and wisdom is appreciated.  The car is a
survivor...for sure.  Speedo reads VERY low miles...but that is worthless
info in my book.  Overall condition is about a 3 on the 1-5 scale.

Let me know if you have any other questions that YOU would ask this guy...

Thanks,

-Jim

please reply to:

koostum@xxxxxxxxxxx

Your opinion counts! We’re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6PVb7yoMzf/ Val Rad
----

b7yoMz.