What engine...or...Am I the most annoying person on this list?

What engine...or...Am I the most annoying person on this list?

**** Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! ****
Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up
handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing
desk toy!
caab5n2b7yoMza/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

First off, I want to apologize to and thank everyone on this list.  I hope it doesn't seem like I keep asking the same questions over and over - I'm just trying to make the most logical, well-thought out decision I can...and you guys are my experts!

Most of you know my dilemma...
1 - rebuild the bottom end of my 318 Poly (needs new crankshaft and bearings, I can get 2 other 318 Poly motors if I need them...)
or
2 - swap in a newer 360 (can get one for about 300 bucks...)
or
3 - swap in a 440 w/trans. (probably around 400 bucks or so for the engine/trans...)

I have a 1 year time limit to get the car running/driving, and I do need to watch my $$$.  What would you do?  I like the 318, and what can be done with it (many thanks to Gary!!!), but I'm worried about the price of aftermarket parts for it (headers, intakes, etc...).  The 360 seems good because of plenty of aftermarket parts (intakes, heads, headers, etc...).  And the 440 - well, it's a big block.  There's something about a big block I can't put into words.  However, I don't know what the cost is going to be to make the modifications.  I've got one guy here on the island that is helping me (he's a mechanic, runs his own shop), so I'm not totally blind with the situation.

I'm needing to make a decision fairly soon - I've got to get going on this project - and I feel like I've got too many choices...so I sit and spin my wheels over and over!

Can anyone help this hopeless Mopar junkie?

Thank you, again.
Andy