From: "Richard Kinsley" <r.kinsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 10:55 PM
Subject: My past Mopars

> Hi Guys,  Everybody is in to the "dumb thread" so here's my two cents.
First car a '49 Dodge 4 dr (with a '48 body) and "fluid drive". Cost my Dad
$75 in '60 and he gave it to me when I went to college in '61. Big
backseat!!!!  Second car, in '63, was a sweet '59 Plymouth Sport Fury,
Bronze w/318 power pac, a/c, PB trans, swivel out seats, Continental kit,
etc.. It had an incredible top end. I was side by side with a '57 Olds J-2
at 100mph and I floored it. It downshifted at 100 and I blew him away like
he slammed on the brakes! My third car is the reason I have my current
Mopar. It was ordered by me in the Spring of '64 and was a Dodge 330 2 dr
post w/383 4 bl, 4 speed and 3:23 Sure-grip. My goodness did I have fun with
that car! I spent time at Lions drag strip but lots more time on the
streets. I put about 20K on the odometer and got drafted in Nov of '64. My
Brother used it while I was in the service and put more miles on it then I
did. I was getting married when I got out so out of "love" i decided to
trade for a family car and swapped it for a '64 Dart GT 2 dr hrdtp, w/PB
trans and /6. I loved the looks of the car but hated the lack of power! I
wouldn't mind it today though. Then to repay myself for the sacrifice
earlier, I traded the Dart and ordered a new '69 SuperBee with every
performance option available in early Spring of '69 except for the Hemi. I
new I couldn't afford that with my new son here too. Then I wound up into
Dodge trucks , a Jeep CJ5 Renegade, and later a '86 Dodge Shelby turbo
Charger. Now I'm back to my roots with the '64 Dodge Polara 4 door.
Sensible, good family car,---- he,he,he,he----until I finish with my 440
(Don Dulmage style), pb 727, Dana 60 (3:55), discs, polygraphite, etc..
>     Oh yeah, I should mention that my wife bought me a 426 Hemi today.
However it's only 1/16th scale.

>                                                                 Rich
Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 door

> ----