From: Robert neal zimmerman [mailto:northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:25 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: dumb thread

I have enjoyed " Dumb thread", i was its originator, but I will admit it
makes me feel kind of old and i might be one of the younger ones here. I
think the Mopar bug might have started after World War II when my Dad
returned from the Pacific Theater and settled in San Francisco, working
at the Dodge plant in San Leandro CA. until it closed down somewhere in
the early 50's and moved to L.A. Maybe a little of that Mopar cutting oil
soaked in to his skin and made its way into me when i popped out in 1963.
I was asking dad the other day about his days as a carpenter at the dodge
plant , remember at this point cars still had a little wood, like in the
floorboards I guess, in them according to him.
   A funny note about Dad, he always said "Godamnn  Chrysler products"
   when he was working on them, but we almost always had one in the
   driveway, the best being that beautiful green 59 Plymouth fury, that I
   loved so as a kid. we all called it " The Fish". man i wish we still
   had that.Dear old Dad , hes the one that gave me my first lessons in
   how an engine works, basic electrical, carbs, etc.
  Then it was my friend Harlans 62 Valiant, which I thought was weird
  looking , but the pushbuttons intrigued me. Harlan also introduced me
  to Mopar muscle cars, he liked Darts , but I remember the first time he
  showed me a 1970 Dodge Super Bee. Man I just looked and looked at that
  car trying to figure out how i could come up with the cash, but never
  did. I had to settle on a 71 cuda earned on dishwashing money. still
  want one of those 70 Bees.Sorry for the windiness, I got nostalgic, it
  happens to the best of us

  Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:24:39 -0700, "Tom Watters"
<tomwatters@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> My dad paid the $75 for my first car.  He said, this is the only one he'd
> buy.  It was a '73 Coronet 4-door  Dark Pine with a white vinyl top.
>
> I had to replace rotors and calipers, but we had spare's in the barn for
> them.  :)
>
> My second mopar cost $50 rolling chassis '78 Fury 2-door. Had that saved
> up.  From Ditch-digging and hay hauling money.  Put a 318 in it (out of
> the barn again)
>
> --Tom
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:42:55 -0800, "Robert neal zimmerman"
> <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >  heres a dumb thread- HOW DID U EARN THE MONEY FOR YOUR FIRST MOPAR?
> >     Mine was washing dishes.
> >   An interesting side note: my sisters got their first Mopar bought for
> >   them by Dad, a beautiful green 59 Plymouth Fury, man i loved that car,
> >   maybe thats when the mopar bug hit. I had to buy my own , go figure.
> >     Neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon
> >

> > --
> > http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different?
> >
> > ----
> > Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
> > directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> > negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> > recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> > protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> > content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> > '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> > http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.
> >
> Tom
> 65 Dart GT 'vert
> 68 Plymouth 'vert
> Longmont, CO
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - IMAP accessible web-mail
>
> ----
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

                          or over the web

----
topic.  Thanks!