From: "Douglas Sutherland" <exnersdeparture@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 4:16 PM
Subject: Dimming Headlights on a '64 Sport Fury

I own a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury.  While driving I have noticed that my
headlights and dashlights are always brighter when accellerating and get
dimmer when idling.  However, I have recently noticed that when I come to a
complete stop all the lights on the car get dimmer the longer I idle.  The
headlights get so dim, it's hard to tell if they are on.  Everything returns
to normal when I step on the accelerator.

Is that normal?  I believe this is a new problem, but I do not drive a night
very often.

It seems like an alternator problem, but after I had it rebuilt there was no
change.  The voltage regulator tests fine, battery is 6 months old.

Any idea what the problem is?  I live in the Seattle area.  If this requires
a professional mechanic or diagnostic service, who or what should I ask for?

Any advice would be great!
Doug

----
topic.  Thanks!