Re: Re: 413

Those are right, Joe.  This is drivin me nuts so;
"Low" deck (B) engines have a 9.98" deck height and a 3.38" stroke.  The bores are;
361 = 4.12
383 = 4.25
400 = 4.34
"High" deck (RB)engines have a 10.725" deck height and a 3.75" stroke. The bores are:
413 = 4.18
426 = 4.25
440 = 4.32
None of the pistons are interchangeable.  OK, a .070 over 413 block could use a 426 piston or a .070 over 426 could use a 440 piston because they have the same deck heights and strokes.  But that's a big overbore.
Since the RB cranks can be modified to fit into a B block, and the RB rods can also fit (and Smokey Yunick says to always put in the longest rod possible), if you go with custom pistons, you can have almost anything you want, which is the beauty of the big-block.

Larry