Re: Wheel Sizing for 300K?

Being an old guy myself I guess I prefer the old look of 15" with plenty of rubber, rather than the so called "pro touring" look with very tall wheels.  However, 17" aren't that radical.  The tires will probably cost more than 15's though.  I don't know whether 15X8 will work OK on your 300K but my experience is that for the front I've gotten easier fitment and easier steering going with no more than 15X7 and in some cases 15X6, and no more than 235R60X15 tires.  You may be thinking of running 275R60X15 on the rear, that's what I have on the back of my '62 Sport Fury, but when I mounted them on 15X8's, they rubbed the inner quarter on bumps and turns.  Mounting them on 15X7's pulled the sidewalls in just enough to clear in all circumstances.  Downside, they don't look quite as good.  Its an original max car so those stiff 7-leaf rear springs do lift the car a bit compared to a standard '62.  I've looked into having the backspace of the 15X8's moved so the rim is further inboard, I think about 3/8" would do it, but such a service doesn't seem readily available.   I personally think a 300K would look good with the rear wheel wells filled with rubber, and at a stock stance rather than raised.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana, harboring of bunch of old and newer Mopars