Re: replacement axles

Had Moser shorten the 9" Ford axles in my hemi powered 32 Ford coupe.
Dropped them off personally and talked to the guy for almost an hour
giving him all the specs and measurements. When I got them back, not
only were they not MY axles,  one wouldn't even fit my housing. Ford
has two different size retaining plates for their axles. Mine were the
large style and they sent me one of each, and then had the audacity to
bitch at me when I complained.  I wouldn't trust them for anything.

In this case, they either don't understand that '64 tapered axles
aren't interchangeable with '65 and later units, or they simply made a
mistake and didn't mean to include the 64 year in with that particular
item. Based on past experience, I'd say they have no clue.  Before you
spend the money, call them and ask how they're managing to make an
axle that fits both '64 and later housings.  I'd love to here they're
response.

Bill
Bastrop, Tx