Re: Electronic ignition conversion

Ruth I think you are correct in the part about the ECU getting a bad rep,,,,,If they were as prone to failure as the stories go, Mother Mo would have never used them for such a long period.
    Here is my thoughts on the electronic ignitions,,,They all work or no one would ever buy them,,,Yes the Pertronic unit is easier to hide,,,,but like all other products they quit at some time or another, problem is most parts house do not carry them, they can all get them, but do some checking as to how many carry them, where as all parts house carry the mopar one. most cars do not need the orange/gold/chrome boxes,,, the stock one that can be picked up at salvage yards for $5 or less are all that is needed to keep the car going,,, I will not even get into the HEI units, kinda seems they belong on a different web site,