Re: Small Question

Dang.  That's a obvious question I didn't think of.  I'll have to take
a look.  The hinges are fine and the door is too light to droop that
much even if the hinge pins were shot.  Learned all about those with the
couple of Firebirds the wife has had over the years.  The doors on those
things are like cattle gates.  Really long and heavy.

My dad had an old 52 Plymouth Cranbrook as a work car when I was a teenager,
and a couple of its doors would do this.  But if you spun the star wheel
and got it in the right spot the door would latch.  Usually took 3 or 4 tries.
That don't work with this Dart.  I will definitely look at the latch/catch and
see if it's gotten loose and dropped out of alignment.

Thanks,

a.s.

      neal zimmerman <neal.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx> Jul 14 06:53PM -0700 ^ <#digest_top>

      hows the droop factor of the door? hinges shot?? also could the
      receptacle in the door jamb have shifted? banging means metal on metal
      is occuring most likely
      neal

Topic: Small Question <http://groups.google.com/group/1962to1965mopars/t/3606550bef329f11>

      Allen Sullivant <dart440@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Jul 14 08:49PM -0500 ^ <#digest_top>

      Greetings,

      My 62 Dart sedan is sitting up right now, outside, slowly going
      to pot. It would be drivable were I to get the carb rebuilt (float
      stuck, leaks gas all over the place) and the blown exhaust manifold
      gaskets replaced so it doesn't sound like an Alco locomotive on
      steroids. But there's one thing I'd like to take care of, the
      better to keep things dry on the inside, which is this:

      The driver's side rear door don't latch any longer. It just bangs
      without catching. The door handle mechanism is not stuck, either
      inside or on the outside. The little star wheel in the door spins
      freely. Any ideas or easy fixes?

      Thanks,

      Allen Sullivant
      Brentwood, Tn.