RE: 440 Change over,, "Advise/Tec help"

hmmessagePbody.hmmessage

I just went through this a little over a year ago except mine is a C-body (Polara).  If you are sticking with the cable shift tranny you will NEED to find a big block cable shift tranny.  You then go to a local tranny shop, someone you trust, with both the big block tranny and the one from the 318.  The reason you need both is that you need the bell housing and tail end housing from the big block.  And the guts, valve body and most important, the correct mounting brackets and such from the original 318.  Basically you're getting custom built tranny for your car.  Mine cost me just over $900.  It's way less B.S. than changing to a linkage set up.  Especially if it's a column shift car.  And like someone else said, motor mounts will have to be changed.  No if's ands or buts' about it.  Hope this helps.  If you need any more advice, email me direct.