Re: High Flow Thermostats

I think it was Dennis, also from AZ, who solved heating issues by increasing the radiator fin count. (Dennis?) Do that and go back to what Chrysler designed for the car re fan and shroud.

You can troubleshoot to eliminate some of the variables:  From the 62-65 tech page:

"Only two causes of overheating: 1) air flow  2) water flow.
a) Take your Mopar out to a road where you can run a constant speed for about a mile or so, and be able to pull over.
b) Get the engine up to temperature and drive at about 45MPH, depending on your rear end gear ratio. You want to pick a speed that you can shift down a gear and maintain that speed.
c) If your Mopar heats up while driving at a constant speed in high gear, shift down one gear, keep the same speed, and see if the temperature goes up or down.
d) If the engine temperature goes up, then you have a water flow problem.
e) if the engine temperature goes down, then you have an air flow problem.
We learned this method back in the 1960's. — Earl H."

RE p.s., I suspect Joe Suchy, listed on the vendor's page, would have that 1964  Ply trim. Tell Joe you found his contact on the 62-65 web site.

Thanks,
Gary H.