Re: 8 3/4 Yoke..

The 741 with street tires and an automatic transmission will probably last forever, slicks and a 4-speed in a heavy car is another story

In a message dated 5/12/2011 6:05:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time, shelby_nut@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks for all the input everyone, think the plan will be to take the pod out, and if there's no visable damage to the gears, take it into a local shop that I know and trust and let them see if they can setup them up right. Don't think there's too many miles on them, might get lucky.

Should I be concerned with the strength of the 741? My car is a 64 Newport Convertible with a 66 383 (2bbl originally), cam, headers, wieand intake and Holly 750. Is seems to go ok but doesn't seem to be particularly powerful (mind you the cars 2 tons of fun), I won't be taking it to the track, just out for cruises and maybe the occasional launch off the lights. Maybe I should just keep an eye out for a 742?

Jay