Re: Poly 318 valve covers?

I fully agree. Many of the 'Cool Factor' early speed parts are definely expensive when you can find them. I eye a particular part, and bide my time until that 'great' deal comes along and if I can afford todo it, when I do find it, I make the jump, else, I pass and hope to find something similar later on when it can be afforded....

--Tomg
On 3/3/2011 5:11 PM, Gary Pavlovich wrote:

There are several rare early Mopar parts that are few and far between because of inital limited production and disappearance by reason of years passing; these "parts" command high prices to a particular buyer; much like art or rare mechansisms - again, beauty and value in the eye of the beholder and acquisition according to your discretionary income;
ie. Max Wedge parts...Hurst HEMI Darts...330 Letter Cars...

While not everyone may be able to purchase or even want to purchase certain rare items, one can admire them for one reason or another...antiquity, scarcity, oddness, or exasperation, "...can you believe what THAT sold for?"
Kind of like on Antique Roadshow (KPBS series).

Gary P.
----- Original Message ----- From: "MO ( Steve Mick)" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: Poly 318 valve covers?

Those 318 poly finned valve covers by Edlebrock were available only through them . That has been several years ago, and being a Mopar in a cheby- ferd world--there were fewer of them sold. You know that people who want the period correct and has the money , will buy the un-obtainium---If they can be found. ie: I will pay $500 for the bumper-wing set of four for 57-58 Plymouth in fair to good condition................................MO
{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick1964dodge.shutterfly.com/pictures/5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill" <Y1TopBanana73@xxxxxxxxx>