Heater Hose Hook Up

OK...as previously mentioned, the Street Wedge fired right up and we are on our way (after 5 years).
But wait...next mornin' we went down to the shop to fire her up again, and, long story short, we have a nice puddle
in the interior below the accelerator and brake/clutch pedal assembly!
No we did not re-do the heater core as it seemed fine and worked great in our donor car...so the punishment
fits the crime, I guess...at least we have not installed the carpet.
There will not be one thing on this car that we have not re-built, restored, replaced, whatever.
At any rate, although the heater worked great during our cam break-in and did not appear to leak at all, here is
yet another dumb question:
In looking at several different reference photos as well as the shop manual, it seems there is about a 50/50 split in heater
hose routing. The 64 shop manual is rather vague on this, as many of you certanly know...but it looks like the inlet hose
goes to the "short" fitting in the water pump and the outlet hose goes to the longer fitting. Again, I have seen this reversed
on several cars or do those guys have it right? Seriously, look for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Simply put, looking at the firewall and the two heater fittings, where does the left one (inboard) go, where does the right one (outboard, or closer to the master cyl) go?

Yes...I am foolishly praying that the heater hose routing has something to do with my leak. How dumb is that?
I'll try anything before tearing in to all that "finished" work on and under the dash!

Is it SMS or Classic Heaters if I can't find or fix my heater leak???

Thanks for any help.
Donny, 64 Belvedere