To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:18 PM
Subject: 440 Spark Plugs "Dead" - The FIX

Well, here's the answer.  Two problems.

The contact on the rotor that touches the cap was burnt through. Replaced that
and spark strength went up dramatically.  Still wouldn't catch and start.

Swapped out the distributor. That did it. Looks like the one week old pick-up on this electronic distributor was defective and only firing occasionally. I was leary of it when I put it in since I had to tweak it to get it to fit, for starters. Anyone have a good vendor and PN for a pick-up and reluctor? Not
going back to Advanced for one of their vendor's units.

Thanks for all the comments.  Food for thought next time this happens.
Hopefully nevermore!

Akron Don Gallimore

----

----