440 Spark Plugs "Dead"

What spark plugs should I use in my 440?  It's a 9.5 -1 motor with about 475 HP
at the flywheel.  I said use AC 44s.

Been using Autolite 2976 plugs for years but last night when I went to unload it
from the trailer to put it into the shop bay for a tranny adjustment, it would
not start.  Had spark everywhere and had gas. Wouldn't even fire with starting
fluid. Only got a few hits. Last time I drove it was onto the trailer after nine
runs down the strip in the 12.19/12.25 et range.  The plugs only have the nine
runs on them.

The guys at the shop says very likely the plugs are dead. Never heard of that
one but I learn something new ever day.

Akron Don Gallimore