Paul
After watching the video....Here is my opinion.
I owned a 59 Chevy Impala and had the exact same type of wreck with it.
#1 The damage to my car caused the insurance company to total it, but and this is a big but. The reason is because the left front of the frame was bent.
I suffered a cut chin from it hitting the steering wheel and needed 3 stitches to close it and that was the only damage to me.
I had 3 other people with me and none of them suffered any injuries.
I remember looking at my speedo off an on and was doing between 45 and 50 mph because one more ticket and my license was gone.

A new fender, hood, bumper and grill would have fixed the cosmetic damage to the car.
#2 After watching the video 3 times, I noticed from the rear view that the front of the car was riding abnormally high so this leads me to believe there was no engine or tranny in the car.
#3 Remember, these were full frame cars and for the extensive damage that occurred, something was done to weaken the frame to cause that much damage.
Look at the pictures posted about the 62 Dart if you want to see how that era of cars absorbed damage.
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post