RE: Brakes

JJ is right,

The large chamber goes to the front, the small (front) chamber goes to
the rear brakes.

Years ago I put the Stainless Steel disc brake kit on my 64 and that is
how it is piped and that is per the tubing and directions they sent.

>From what I have read drum brakes use a residual pressure device in some
master cylinders, if piped wrong it will give the problem you are
having.

Dennis C.

William Harrison wrote:

> Bill
> I went to my local library to look up the 78 Aspen as my Motor's book
> goes =
> up to 71.
> The Chilton's book does not show a proportioning valve and shows the
> front =
> chamber of the master cylinder plumbing to the front discs and the rear
> cha=
> mber plumbing to the rear drums.
> That is how I ran the lines but it does not make sense to me as the rear
> ch=
> amber is larger than the front.
> Should I re-plumb the lines?
> Thanks
> Bill

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed
1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard

----