RE: Backspacing - Paging Mr. Jack Opperman Jr.-

RE: Backspacing - Paging Mr. Jack Opperman Jr.-

Jeff,

I'm running the same tire size on 8" wide cop steels.  I believe they are about 4.5" backspace.  With my original tapered axle rear, I had less than an inch of clearance to the inner wheelwell lip.  I have since swapped in a '68 rear and I picked up maybe 1/2" or so more clearance on each side.  I don't think you'll get 10" wide rims to clear without alterations.

Dave
'64 Belvedere