RE: Poly rocker advice?

Hey Gary, don't you mean you HOPE it as fished out?!?! Maybe it just
recently broke and made it's way down thru the engine and is laying in
the pan (God forbid). I had a V8 Pinto (sorry guys) a few years ago and
when removing the distributor on the 302 the dist. drive shaft stuck in
the dist. then fell down into the pan. The only way to get the pan off
was pull the engine, so I drilled a hole in the rear of the pan at the
lowest point, fished the shaft out with a magnetic pickup, then put a
self-tapping drain plug in the hole. I hope the broken adjuster piece
was removed, but what if it's still in there?
spigot2039@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks everyone for all the tips and advice!  I'll try to get to playing
> around with the repair later this week.
>
> I don't know what happened to the broken off adjuster top. I'm assuming
> it was busted off and fished out by the guy who owned the car before I
> got it, about ten years ago.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary H.

Jeff Adams