Re: Leaf Spring Racing: Was Monster MoPar Video

Re: Leaf Spring Racing: Was Monster MoPar Video

${top_text_ad}
Hi Don,

I typically remove clamps on slippery tracks.  By removing clamps I am
allowing more body lift.
Adding clamps on the rear segments will cause less body lift and the
car will squat more.
Also, it is important to note that the clamps on the rear segments
allow the leaves to slide back and forth but does not allow them to
separate.

Adding or removing clamps in conjunction with adjusting tire pressure
and stiffening / loosening shocks will allow your car to run on
variety of track conditions.  Remember that all cars behave
differently and these are guidelines to follow.  It is important to
try different settings, and talk to fellow MoPar drivers at the track
to find out what is working for them.

Mike

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:44 AM, Donald Gallimore <dongallimore@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This info is a keeper.  Thanks. I've got two sets of spring clamps and just didn't understand how to use them.
>
> How does clamping and not clamping the rear of the spring affect the traction?  I'd suspect the clamps makes for a harder launch.
>
>   Akron Don

${bottom_text_ad}
----

This email was sent to: ${recipient}