163.5mph & I have the slip

I made it to the drags tonight. My cousin was along and Steve Micks, his
son and Paul Lenneman were also there. I had richened the secondaries
since my last time when I had the best of 10.03@xxxxx .
I started out with a 10.09@xxxxx and then a 10.10@xxxxx !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, that's what my timeslip says so I guess I did it :-) Maybe the G
forces warped my brain.

My next run felt very good but the board showed I did a 8.55 and I got
no ticket to prove that :-0

I was thinking I needed to lean up a bit as it was a bit less ET than
before. I leaned it a bit via the rods and the next two runs were
horrible! It died on me both times, I restarted and took off and got a
15.32@xxxxx  and  16.85@xxxxx . So you can see the top end was not bad
but the bottom was awful. With the encouragement of Steve and his son I
upped the rod two sizes. Then it ran a best ever time and speed of
10.01@xxxxx .  The best part was that I was up against a kinda nasty
sounding/looking Chevy and I whooped him! He had a 10.10@xxxxx . Both my
60' and 330' were .2sec faster than his. Maybe Paul or Steve can tell us
what model/year the Chevy was?

Bottom line, it started OK, went downhill and then went to a new best. I
still gotta get that d*** 9sec's though! I'll try to get back in 2 weeks
and get into the 9's.

----