Rads, trans coolers,temp?

Ollie's Ramblings..
Sometimes I get confused about what we are talking about at times. When we start talking about aluminum radiators, trans cooling fans and the like I believe we are talking about water temperate issues. If this is the case read on...
When u start talking about our old cars, which I dearly love, you are going to have this issue with all of them, Ford, GM, Mopar, Jap, etc. We work on them everyday in my shop. Just a bunch of old farts that have regressed to a more pleasent time in there lifes and go to Ollie's to play. As Neal said the other day..."I am a kid again"
We are going to have temp problems. Root cause is the fuel we are forced to buy. The burn temp is so much higher, pollution issues have caused this. Cars run today at 210 or better. We are all shooting for the days of our youth 180.
Myself and friends all fight this issue. There are only a few steps to remedy this problem. If u have completed all...well thats what u got. If you don't agree with this...great...go somewhere else for advice, we ain't the only game in town.
First, change your water pump. Forget a smaller pulley. Cruisekooler by Howard Stwart ..the best He is Petty Enterprises temp man that speaks for me
http://www.cruisecooler.com/Cooling%20Tech.html
Second, performance thermostat
Third...up grade fan
In most cases your problem is gone.
Fourth..remove trans fluid from radiator, smallest cooling fan set up great 6 amps, why would u want it back in the radiator?
Five..Aluminum radiator..change it to a cross flow...fab lines if need be
I personally am not a big believer in shrouds but nothing wrong with them and in some cases where radiator distance is a issue u got to have them.
That is my 2 cents
Ollie

----