RE: Gauge, Electronic Voltage Regulators!

RE: Gauge, Electronic Voltage Regulators!

Yes I have one on both of my 63 Plymouths & 70 Challenger.  They do every
thing the add claims but I was especially interested in #s 3 & 4.  3 is a
common problem on our cars & 4 was created when I built and installed the
electronic regulator kit that is referenced in the Technical Ramblings on
the website.  The modification was great before this item was available and
still does the same thing protecting the gauges but the mod creates a lot of
heat even with the heat sink.  Also their regulator looks a lot better than
my build!!  (-;  These wont fix bad gauges but will protect and stabilize
your working ones especially after you go out and spend a small fortune
having your gauges overhauled.  A friend of mine had just gotten his gauges
& dash done at auto instruments to the tune of about $700.00 and the first
night out toasted them getting a jump start.  Auto Instruments confirmed he
had a bad factory regulator causing the problem but took care of him to his
satisfaction.  So I guess I'm a little gun shy on gauges and think that
price is cheep insurance on my new gauges!  On my Challenger when I started
it all the gauges would momentarily peg and return to normal, after I
changed the regulator out the problem went away.  I am sure it saved me a
lot of money down the road repairing those gauges.

Herb