RE: the rarest options for a '64 Plymouth

Thanks for that Doug. /Butch

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Sutherland [mailto:pluckedchickens@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 3:33 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: the rarest options for a '64 Plymouth

Found an interesting book last weekend in an antique store in northern New
Hampshire.

According to "The Investors Guide to American Convertibles and Special
Interest Vehicles" by Charles Webb (1979)

Percentages of '64 Plymouth's built with the following options (listed in
order of popularity):

79.3% had an automatic transmission

72.9% had a V-8 engine

56.8% had a radio

55.7% had power steering

40.3% had tinted glass

16.6% had a 3-speed manual transmission

16.1% had power brakes

12.1% had air conditioning

7.5% had power windows

4% had a 4-speed manual transmission

.6% had power seats

Don't know how accurate the information is, but is is interesting how rare
some of the options really are.

Doug Sutherland
Seattle, WA