Got it running again

I got my '64 Dodge back together today and tried it out. I had a fuel
leak that dripped into the alternator. Apparently it screwed up
something cause the alternator went out. We believe the big time over
charging may have damaged the ignition module then. I replaced the
alternator, voltage reg, ballast resistor, module and dist.. The
baseplate of the dist was warped (probably my fault) and the pick-up
took chunks out of the reluctor as it wasn't parallel. Anyway it seems
OK now as I can get it up to 6 grand again. I had to replace the
throttle cable and now it is much easier to depress and smoother. I
still am not sure I can hit max throttle though. I've stretched
everything about as far as possible too. Including cutting out the
carpet.

If the weather will cooperate I'll be at the Geezer drags this Sat. :-)

----