Re: 1966 paint code?

This is just a stab in the dark, but I am a painter
and I own a body shop which does a lot of looking up
paint codes. I have olled in my "old" chip books which
are original date code for this area paint code books
and nothing comes up YY1B. Some of these used just the
last digit and yours being a "B" would be black. The
codes for 66 were set up a a letter of the alphabet
(A,B,L,Q, etc). A few were set up as a number (4.6. or
7). Sorry, this is all I can help.  Lyle

DODGE AND PLYMOUTH PAINT CODES

Dodge 1966 Plymouth

Silver Metallic  A  Silver Metallic
Black  B  Black
Light Blue  C  Light Blue
Medium Blue Metallic  D  Light Blue Metallic
Dark Blue Metallic  E  Dark Blue Metallic
Light Green Metallic F
Dark Green Metallic  G  Dark Green Metallic
Medium Turquoise Metallic  K Light Turquoise Metallic
Dark Turquoise Metallic  L  Dark Turquoise Metallic
Bright Red  P  Bright Red
Red Metallic  Q  Dark Red Metallic
Yellow  R  Yellow
Cream  S  Soft Yellow
White  W  White
Beige  X  Beige
Bronze Metallic  Y  Bronze Metallic
Gold Metallic  Z  Citron Gold Metallic
Sandstone Metallic  4
Mauve Metallic  6  Light Mauve Metallic
Maroon Metallic  7

 Dodge paint code names are on the left and plymouth
for 66 is located on the right. Most are the same but
some were changed but are still the same paint mixing
code.

--- chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> the paint code on my 66 Fury fender tag reads:
> YY1B
>
> anyone know what that stands for?
>
> thanks
> Mark
> --
> removed]
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Be a better friend, newshound, and

----