RE: Ebay Maxie car-

spigot2039@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks Dave! I was under the impression from discussions in the past
> here that the early 60's cars did not have body numbers like the later
> 60's Mopars. There are numbers on the radiator support but they don't
> correspond to the vin is my memory, per Bill Watson. (I don't think Bill
> is currently subscribed here so he can correct me if my memory is faulty
> on this; I don't have a valid e-mail for him at this time.)
>
> Gary H.

Gary,

You're correct.The same number is also stamped on the package tray.The
cardboard cover has to removed to see it.They don't correspond to the
VIN,but rather the last 6 digits(usually,depending on year) of the SO on
the fender tag,if present.So,even if the FT and VIN were missing,a
suspected Maxie car could be traced through contact with Darrell Davis
using just the SO number.It would take a while for him to go through the
list,but it could be done.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

----