To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:05 PM
Subject: RE: Manifold modification question

I do have the 1" 4 hole aluminum spacer on the manifold presently. I
plan to change it for a 4 hole phenolic spacer. I can't get a 4 hole
wood spacer and I just don't want to mess with it so I tihnk the
phenolic will work fine. I'm sure it will insulate much better than the
alumin if not quite as well as the wood.

Gary Pavlovich wrote:

Rich,

The Weiand WPD4D has a crossover port dead center between the two carb
pads.
If you stick your finger into the plenum and reach toward the center of
the
intake you should feel the crossover port.  Some of the WPD4D's had two
crossover ports, one under each carb pad in the plenum.

My thought is not to remove the four hole carb pad as carb mixing is
sufficiently balanced and you don't need any more plenum volume.
A gain in torque/throttle response should come from a 1" four hole
spacer
matched to the manifold carb pad; or leave a slight step (approx. 1/64")

from the four hole spacer to the carb pad.
Make your own from a piece of hardwood or laminated wood quickly and
inexpensively for this test.

Let me know how your Poly responds.

Gary Pavlovich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Kinsley" <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>