Re: Carlisle?

regarding the swap meet area:
for most vendors it was a very slow weekend.  maybe the slowest
in in the last 7 years.  usually around 3pm, show-goes and swpa meet
browsers get a 1000 yard stare and just kind of shuffle along on
auto-pilot... it was like that all day Friday and Saturday.  my friend
has 2 spaces and brought some sheet metal and frame rails.  I brought
a fender, a dash frame, a 66 Coronet deck lid, and some 66 Satellite
buckets.  I surprised..,, no one ever looked at the deck lid,, 97% rust
free, straight.. marked $50 obo,,  and the buckets were cores, but if
anyone had asked for a deal,, I would have sold them for $40 for Friday,
and $20 on Saturday!  nobody ever asked...  talking with other used
parts vendors, it was same for everyone..,,  even new parts vendors
though it had slowed a good bit.  It makes it kind of tough to pay for
gas and trailer parts 600 miles one way and barely cover expenses...

but we found some deals: 63 Dodge B-body hood, 100% rust free $50,
1970 Roadrunner non-air grabber hood, 90% rust free, $100,. 64 Dart
convertible seat (no rips!) $35, 66 Coronet radio delete plate $20.,
even found good deals on e-body window trim and vinyl top parts...

its like no attendees went to Carlisle to buy.

AMD, a new sheet metal
venture that is bringing together a lot of experienced individuals
has some very exciting parts on the horizon:  70 Challenger & cuda
shaker hoods,  very nice reproductions,,  excellent,, they will
retail in the under $1000 area,  a 68-69 RR/GTX hood,  68-69 Charger
fenders and hood,,  1 piece floorpans for 68-70 B-bodies..,,
lots of glass too..,,  70 Challenger convertible glass! all new!

I think they would expand to 62-65 parts if there is enough interest,
although,,, except for floor pans,  there isn't a single body panel
on any 62-65 mopar that interchanges with other years like later
year mopars do..,

did anyone see NNS? New New Stock?   holy cow those are some nice
repop parts! $235 for complete new drive side remote mirror,  same
for repop 69-71 various dog dish hubcaps,,   68 GTS hood inserts,
some nice stuff..

Mancini was selling Orange boxes for $10.

Doug

----