hinge pin replacement

well, I need to perk up the hinges on the 65 coronet so i can hang the
doors straight and true so i can  then place the b-pillar correctly for
my 4 to 2 door convbersion.
 (had to hang the front fender perfectly  first ,    working  from front
 to rear, all the alignment builds backwards from the front).
    ANYHOO ,  when i went to the parts store for those little hinge pin
    and bushing kits, they didnt have them for the early mopar hinges,
    so i had to mic out the original pins and it happened the GM pins
    were a perfect match (.342)  but way too long, so i had to lop off
    the end and chamfer it.
  anybody else had to do this???  I know i can probably get the correct
  kit on Ebay  but time is of the essence.  Plus I plan on some new SMS
  hinges down the road if this turkey ever flies.
    Neal zimmerman, eugene Oregon

                          unladen european swallow

----

http:///u/?..