RE: New to the Mopar world.

Welcome to Mopars Gary!

Your Barracuda has a 7.25. You have many options for replacing it.
http://www.autohobbydigest.com/a-rearend.html gives a good overview.
The 8.25 will be the easiest to find, but you can also use an 8.75,
though the A body version is expensive and harder to find. You can use
 reworked B & C body 8.75 rears too I understand. For all these upgrades
the wheel bolt pattern will be the big bolt Mopar pattern, so you may as
well upgrade the front wheels to discs too then. Driveshaft will need
changing too.

1964 and 1964 Barracuda trim is pretty much the same. Interchange after
those years is generally more mechanicals than trim. Mechanical
interchage is much more varied over years. If you stick with A bodies
you'll find many of the mechanicals will work on your '65.

Keep us posted on your progress & additional clarifying questions.

Thanks,
Gary H.

----

.