Re: Dooner , read my reply again you missed something. That other site w

Re: Dooner , read my reply again you missed something. That other site will just

Don,
I think I am getting a clearer picture of this
converter thing.
If stall speed is 3000, you can sit at a stand still
(holding brake)with the engine reved up to just below
the 3000 rpm without any movement. Go over the 3000
and the tires start trying to spin as if you were
doing a brake stand burn out. But if you do not use
the brake, the impellers in the converter will just
act normal and you can cruise around in the 1200 rpm
range and never really notice any difference from
stock.
I hope thats correct.

Another question, I read where a guy said he put a
variable stall speed converter in his car and it
varies depending on load. I don't understand how that
could work. Seems like the more you hold the brakes,
the stall speed would just keep increasing till you
reach your redline rpm. Doesn't make sense to me.
If you don't mind Don, would you help on that one
please.
I want to thank you very much for all this info. It is
helping me greatly.

Harold (Dooner) Funderburk

----

bSONJP.