Re: major bummer

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
caadVJ5bOyW3Na/911PaydayAdvance

Whoa there!

my 64 Belvedere is set up with an 11 inch clutch/bell housing from a 68/69 car and there are no clearance issues. I did have to make a metal bracket gizzmo that positions the ball stud in alignment with the little bracket on the frame rail, I didn't have a correct z-bar so I used what I had and that meant repositioning one of the z-bar arms. For the rear mount I bolted a steel plate to the mount, the small plate then bolts to the trans. You would have to look closely to notice the "wrong" parts. Does the E-Body trans have both mounting bosses for the shifter? If not this might take a little reworking.

Larry
64 Belvedere 426S 4-speed
62 Fury....soon to have a 1994 multiport fuel injected 318 setting under the hood

well, i called Passon this morning to talk to them and according to the
head dude, jamie, almost nothing from my e-body 4 speed setup will go
into a 64.
   bellhousing doesnt fit into tunnel, need smaller year correct
   bellhousing, which means a case with a smaller input bearing,
   tailhousing doesnt work, cross member doesnt work, side cover doesnt
   work  z-bar doesnt work, basically nuthin except the guts and gears
   is any good.
   he said u could monkey rig it and it would work , but he says it
   woiuld be kind of crummy.
    he just recommended starting over with the right setup and selling
    the e-body setup.
   any body got a complete 4 speed setup from 64-65 dodge b-body? i got
   cash or trade.
    as i drove to work this morning totally disgusted with myself i
    realized probably  half the money i have spent on my car habit has
    just been  wasted, or the wrong part, etc., etc.
  I'm gonna go sit on the toilet and cry.
    neal zimmermaN, EUGENE OREGON

-- http://www.fastmail.fm - The way an email service should be

[AD removed for archives]
caadVJEbQgiiwf/PC PowerScan

----

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.8/114 - Release Date: 9/28/2005