RE: 413 engine - what's it worth?

[AD removed for archives]
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
caad0PSbOyW3Na/Nationwide Survey

If it's a healthy motor with those hi-po parts, I'd guess $1000, if not
a little more. Just a core 440 runs $300-600, so yours should be worth
considerably more. That opinion wasn't even WORTH $.02!
Brian Schlump wrote:

> I have to make some room in my garage to add a '68 Charger, so I plan to
>
> sell the 413 engine that was in my '64 when I bought it.  It was a good
> running, low compression engine, but not correct for a '64 Belvedere.  I
>
> would like some help in determining the correct price to ask.  Here's
> what I know about it... Cast date is 11/4/69.  The numbers on the back
> of the engine read 2658 / 8362.  The cast date on one of the heads is
> 28/5/2.  The casting number appears to be 3482346.  The head has single
> valve springs and it's extremely clean inside, because the engine has
> low mileage since rebuild.  It has an Edlebrock 440 Performer intake,
> high volume aluminum water pump, and after market chrome valve covers.
> I haven't had the engine apart, except to install new push rods, but it
> idles like my other engines that have the MP 509 purple cam.  A
> restoration shop here in town told me that there's little demand for
> these engine, but that a price between $500 and $1000 seemed reasonable.
>
>  What do you guys think?
> Brian
>
> '64 Belvedere
> Woodstock, IL.
>
> "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
> extra."

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

[AD removed for archives]
Buying or Selling a Home? Get the Facts Before Buying or Selling!
Get a FREE Home Valuation TODAY!
caadV2pbOyW3Nf/Home Valuation

----

bOyW3N.