Oh Lordy !

I guess I'm just stupid, but this madness has got to
end. I've just ordered 1/2" carb spacers from Summit
for my Max wedge cross ram...it seems that the
Edelbrocks do have a clearance problem with the
linkage butterfly on the carb.
  I was going to cut it off as suggested, but couldn't
find a way to operate the "push" requirement of the
max wedge linkage (the part that needs cutting off is
the bottom linkage rod hole in the butterfly) that
seemed safe and positive to me...Soooo...the delays
continue.
  A&A offers the Edel,b's for sale...and if you look
really close at the small print (I didn't need to
look...I already owned them...right ?) you'll see "A&A
modifies the lower linkage to clear the cross ram
Intakes"...duh !
  Be prepared...(as the Boy Scouts say!)
  The car is still up on the jack stands, but the
Moroso oil pan seems to have fit like a glove...but I
won't crow about it till everything is done and fired
up. The repro max wedge exhaust manifolds fit like
factory...absolutely no problems there...yet!.
Bob Fortson