RE: idiot responds with more questions

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadVYQbOyW3Na/Ice Cream Research Survey

The copper on the back side is a good idea as it dissipates heat and
reduces the chance of warping. You probably will see a slight difference
in the weld area. Can you see the difference on any holes where the gas
was used? You probably havent affected the strenght of the weld if when
ground flat there are no holes or pocked areas.(assuming good
penetration) You will probably need a light coat of filler (bondo) any
way on the holes so if its just cosmetic, it should matter.

WElding sheet metal is tough, if you havent done much before. Two words,
Time and Patience, you need plenty of both to weld body metal.

Got an old piece of body steel laying about? Say a fender thats junk?
Shoot some holes in it and practice. Play with the welder settings. Make
your mistakes on the scrap, then when you are proficent, move back to
the car.

Does your welder have infinite voltage control? Meaning there are no
detents on your voltage dial? IF not and you have detents, you could run
into problems as you may not have that "perfect" voltage. This is where
the practice on the scrap is helpful. (wire speed is USUALLY infinite
controlled, if its not, get a new welder :) )

Doc.
Robert neal zimmerman wrote:

> well the welds splattered pretty bad, thats what caught my eye.
>   using a 75/25 argon/ CO2 mix.
>   I am baCKING THE HOLES WITH COPPER while welding
>    when they wee ground flat they appear pretty solid, I mean u can see
>    where the weld is, its not completely invisible when ground flat.
>    should u be able to see a ghost image or should it just be completely
>    invisible if I was doing them right.
>    man I think these are harder than straight welding.
>    neal ZimmermaN, EUGENE OREGON
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - A fast, anti-spam email service.

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
caadV2bbOyW3Nf/Amazing phone

----

bOyW3N.