Re: Tac.

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadHlnbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

Ben, that tach looks like a generic one , though a rather elderly one, not unlike those sold by lots of autoparts stores (not to pick on Awfulzone). If ya want to test it a bit, try grounding the black lead and briefly touching the red lead to +12 volts. I would bet that the needle will come up to the "0" mark from the rest position shown in your photo. That would indicate that the guts of the thing are functional. if I got the wiring callout right. While the glack lead is grounded, touch the white lead to that same +12 volt point and see the light come on, if it is good, and I was right. If ya get those results, go ahead and hook it up like I suggested.

As with any small electronic device, just remember that it basically poerates on SMOKE. That is, if ya do something to let the smoke out, it will not work from then on, unless you can catch all of the smoke and put it back into the device.

In reviewing my post from yesterday, with my best guess about which wire goes where, I notice that I left out my standard disclaimer.

So, here it is:

"I might be wrong."

The best news of all is this: Ya got the thing for free. So, if the smoke gets out, worst case, you're right back where ya started!

So, like we say here in prairie dog country, "GOPHER IT!"

(and remember my disclaimer)

Waiting to hear!

P.S. sorry to hear about the "wagons of steel" elimination. I recall being really fond of an old (even then) Pontiac wagon that was a perennial contender for street eliminator when I was your age. This was before the tree was in use, and we had a flagman for a starter. He'd pop that freen flag and that ol Poncho would squat and spin the tires and roar and begin to motivate, and it was "Catch me if you can!" or "Here I come!". He always ran close enough to the nat'l record that he was always a threat.

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadHlsbOyW3Nf/GrocerySpree

----

bOyW3N.