340 head questions X versus J versus aftermarket

340 head questions X versus J versus aftermarket

[AD removed for archives]
Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
caadwPhbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

can somebody bring me up to speed on somne 340 questions, mainly heads.
    The sought after   340 head was known as the X-head ,these came on
    the first few years of 340s, correct?  i think they were 2.02s
    But my question is  about the lesser -liked J head with i believe
    1.88 valves, these came on the  71-73  340s I believe.
     My real question Is !!!!!-
      was a 73 360 head the same as a the "J" 340 head?  was this also a
      J-head ? The reason i ask is theres a guy here in town  with a
      complete running 1973 360 he will selll me cheap for 100 dollars
      and i am wondering how these heads wuld  work on a  340.
   i have neither the money nor the patience to track down the
   fabulously overpriced  X heads for a street car.
     besides  the smaller  inakes might help street manners anyway
     instead of the bigger intakes, especially in my  B-body sized car.
     Somewhere i  read that the X-heads arent really that good compared
     to what the  aftermarket has come up with by now. Sure,  at one
     time they were THE head to have for your 340  but now u can get a
     better head for  just a tad more.
   the prices these X-heads are going for on Ebay  is just plain stupid.
  sorry for the long rambling post , i  guess my ONE question is what
  heads  wuld u guys use on a street car 340? remember a reliable street
  car  , not a  drag champ.
    neal Zimmerman, Eugene oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Take movies and games anywhere with a Free Playstation Portable!
caadwPbbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel

----

bOyW3N.