Re: torsion bar removal

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caadlVFbOyW3Na/Sharebuilder

I finally got the torsion bar out. Thanks for
everyone's help. It was stuck in the LCA. It appears
whoever worked on the frontend before hit the end of
the LCA torsion bar socket with a hammer ( for
whatever reason) which mushroomed the end of the
socket. There was a ridge on the inside lip of the
socket keeping the torsion bar from moving. There's
also a lot of play in the LCA. I think I'll just
replace it.

  Gary

> I haven't been following this thread but it looks
> you're trying to get your
> t-bars out. You won't like this, but the ones on my
> '65 Coronet were seized
> in place at the rear frame anchors. The control arms
> moved freely on the
> bars, so I ended up welding up an engine support
> fixture, hanging the
> engine, and dropping the K-frame out. Then I cut the
> end off an old t-bar
> (using a grinder--the Sawzall won't cut it), stuck
> it in the rear anchor to
> have a surface to hammer on, and beat it as hard as
> I could with a 10lb
> sledge. The t-bars eventually crept out. That's a
> worst-case scenario and I
> don't recommend it unless you have to. One of the
> K-frame nuts came
> untacked inside the subframe while I was doing this
> job, so I had to fix
> that too.
>
> Mike O
> '65 Coronet 500
> '73 Fury III (FS)
>
> At 03:42 AM 4/26/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >remove the lower contol arm bumpers to alow further
> travel and have someone
> >stand on the brake drum(wheel off) and it should
> slide out.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
caaa9eYbOyW3Nf/TopOffers
----

bOyW3N.