Re: somebody mentioned the d-dart

[AD removed for archives]
Is your PC running slow? Try a FREE PC Health Check today!
caadlCkbOyW3Na/PC Health Check

HI All,

When I was in Reno, NV last year at the Hot August Nights, I meet a guy who has one.  After the stories he would tell and the article he showed me on it, I was hooked.  I'm not a huge fan of the body style, but as mentioned below, they were the predecessor to the RO23 type cars.

Very cool stuff.

This is why this "Hobby" is fun!  You get to learn new info about cars that you never knew existed.  I had never heard of this car until last year.  I just goes to show you, when you think that you have seen everything, something new/(actually old) reappears.

Didn't know about the big blocks and the top loaders though...

tomcat
Finally got my car back, still waiting to have time to take it out...
(70 hemicuda vert clone
http://crazy4mopar.tripod.com/tomcatscuda.htm)

> somebody mentioned the d-dart, i think they only made 50 of those , do u
> think any are still around?
> what were they running , werent they a hopped up 273?
> how fast were they?
> neal zimmerman, eugene oregon

the D/Dart was a 1966 Dart package that was specially ordered by
a willing dealership, similar to the max wedges & A-990's that
came before it, and the RO23,WO23,LO23,BO29 cars that came after it.
However, it wasn't an option code. 30 were equipped with a hopped
up 273, but another 30 or so, were equipped with the Coronet/Charger
325hp 383-4bbl, and some, at the request of Mr. Norm, were assembled
with the new Imperial 440.

all were standard shift. Due to a dispute between Tom Hoover and
the engineers at New Process concerning the design of the new 18-spline
A-833 4spds, Tom Hoover actually bought about 30 super-tough Ford T&C
"toploaders" from a local Ford dealership and installed them in the
D/Darts about mid way through the run of D/Darts, as to say to New
Process "I'll do this with the hemi cars too, if you don't fix the
A-833!!!"

[AD removed for archives]
Investigate just about anyone and anything with Web Detective!
caadlCmb7tdEpf/Web Detective

----