Subject: Re: Buying a car long-distance...and shipping it...

[AD removed for archives]
We have the 42 Inch Plasma TV you've been looking for!! Sony or Panasonic 42 Inch Plasma Wide Screen TV's. Put one up on your wall today! Click Below
caac8uBa/ExclusiveRewards

Hello list

My daughter bought a "70" Valiant from ebay last March.

Basicly we had only the pictures on the sale site to
judge the car from.

A friend of the owner was actually doing the ebay listing and
getting any straight answers about the car was like pulling teeth.

Pretty much...it runs...what you see is what you get.

She got it for $1000..the go-betweens' husband used his boss' rig to get it here in Phoenix from the SF cally area
for anther $250.

We got a good price on the car, simply because the owner thought it was in
much worst shape than it really was.

It would barely run..heavy missing at idle and cruise and a
growling snapping noise that sounded like something in the driveline
was about to depart, no working gauges, all underhood AC hardware
missing, no heater hoses, and it was a 71 not a 70.

Turns out the butterscotch 4 door slant six auto 71 was just a neglected little car driven until someone thought it was all but dead.

New rear wheel bearings cleared the noise, new plugs, unseizing the mechanical spark advance, and a valve adjustment cleared the miss.

No e-mail response from the original owner about about the A/C hardware.
We even offered to pay wrecking yard prices and shipping to get the parts
from him if he still had them.

That was about the only negative part of the whole out of state deal.

The car now has headers and 4 barrel holley and is a little pocket rocket.

rob lipinski
65 sat

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* Portable Satellite Radio - yours to keep! Click Here!
caac8uyf/Portable Satellite Radio Promotion

----

http:///u/?.